“How can I download videos from YouTube directly on my phone or savesome online videos as mp3?”
As a friend of mine asked me this question, I realized that a lot of people out there can encounter a similar situation. If you are also an Android user, then chances are that you could have also wanted to download videos or simply convert videos as MP3. Well, I have one simple solution for all these problems – Snaptube. A while back, I tried Snaptube to download YouTube videos on Android and found the app extremely resourceful. After using it for over a month now, I have finally decided to come up with its detailed review and functions right here.
What is Snaptube?
In a nutshell, Snaptube is a freely available Android application that you can use to download media content from different platforms. Mostly, it is used to download videos from places like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms. If you want, you can also load a video and download it as an MP3 file. Besides that, there are several other social and media streaming features in Snaptube that users can enjoy.
What can Snaptube do?
- There are tons of platforms integrated in Snaptube, which means you never have to leave the app and switch between different platforms finding the right thing to download.
- You can download videos from entertainment and social platforms like Facebook, Dailymotion, Twitter, Instagram, YT and more.
- The application provides an option to save the content in different media formats and resolutions. This means, you can also load a video and save it as an MP3 or MP4.
- It supports the streaming and downloading of HD content in resolutions like 4K, 2K, and 1080p.
- There is also a dark mode in the app (that I personally liked the most) to make it easier for us to use the app at night.
How to Download Videos using Snaptube?
After getting to know about all these features of Snaptube, you must be willing to give it a try. Before we get things started, you can go to your phone’s Settings > Security and enable the app installation feature from unknown sources. This will let you download Snaptube on your phone without any trouble.
Although you can use Snaptube the way you like, I have come up with a tutorial on how I use it to download videos.
- Firstly, you need to install Snaptube on your phone. Just go to the official website of Snaptube and download its latest APK. Now, tap on the APK file and grant your browser the permission to install apps on your phone.
- Great! Once the app is installed, you can launch it and browse tons of videos featured on its home. You can just tap on any video thumbnail to load it.
- If you want, you can look for any specific video by entering relevant keywords in the search bar or simply entering the URL of the page where the media is stored.
- There are different platforms listed on Snaptube’s home. If needed, you can just tap on any platform (like Facebook) and load it on Snaptube’s native interface.
- Once you have loaded the video of your choice, you will see a download icon is activated at the bottom of the screen. Just tap on it and select a resolution and format option for the media to be downloaded.
In this way, the selected media would be downloaded on your phone and can be accessed from its Gallery/Video app or via Snaptube’s Library.
Go ahead and give this amazing video downloader a try and have all your favorite songs or videos in your Android for free. If you have already used Snaptube or are presently using it, then let us know about your experience in the comments below.
- Is Snaptube paid?
No, Snaptube is a 100% free Android app that you can use without any constraint. If you want, you can buy its premium version to get rid of in-app ads.
- Do I need to root my phone to install Snaptube?
No, there is no need to root an Android device to install Snaptube. You simply need to go to your phone’s security settings and turn on the app installation option from third-party sources.
- Is there any limit on the number of videos I can download?
No, there are no limits or restrictions on the number of media files you can download using Snaptube. You can use it to watch or download as many videos as you want.
- Why is Snaptube not on Google Play Store?
Presently, Google does not allow apps on the Play Store that can download videos from YouTube. That’s why we need to download Snaptube from its website. Nevertheless, it is an extremely secure app that is certified by various security agencies and won’t harm your device in any way.