In a good move to support animal welfare, many Indian makeup and skincare brands have started animal cruelty free makeup brands. Although there are only a few makeup brands that have come up with animal cruelty-free skincare and cosmetic products, they are working endlessly to provide the best products for those people who are ready to invest in such products to support a huge cause.
Vegan makeupbrandsare making an aim to be the next addition to your skincare regime in India. Based on the number of people signing up for animal cruelty-free cosmetics because it is not far for Indian companies to come up with more cruelty-free skincare and cosmetic products.
There are top 5 famous organisations that are working towards the good cause of eliminating animal cruelty-free products in the world. They are:
- European Coalition to End Animal Experiments
- Coalition for Consumer Information on cosmetics
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicines
- Center for Alternatives to Animal testing
Of the latest, there have been many Indian skincare and cosmetics company that have also filed petitions to put a stop on cruelty on animals.
Here is a list of the 10 best animal cruelty-free makeup brands in India:
- Lotus Herbals:This brand is one of India’s natural cosmetics and skincare company. They are well known for their sunscreens and they also offer other products that are whipped up with natural herbal ingredients and are cruelty-free. They include a complete range of makeup products ranging from Kajal, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, lip balm, foundation, compact, nail enamels and many more.
- Shahnaz Husain:
They are the pioneers in the organic cosmetic and skincare industry that follows the Ayurvedic pathway. Shahnaz Husain’s makeup brands have been recognised by PETA as animal cruelty-free. These products are free from any kind of animal fat and are ecologically friendly.
- Coloressence:They come from a brand of Nature’s essence which has its own cosmetics line for face, eyes and lips. This brand is 100% animal cruelty-free and is also super affordable making it easy on the pocket of every individual. Their products consist of foundations, pan stick, loose powder, blushes, lipstick, Kajal, body illuminator and many more.
- YBP Cosmetics:This company is an independent boutique skincare and cosmetics brand which is made of 100% vegetarian ingredients. They are animal cruelty-free, Paraben free and are user-friendly as well. YBP Cosmetics focuses on quality over quantity which makes their thought process stand out from other companies.
- Iba Halal:Iba Halal is one of India’s first halal certified makeup company. Their products are known to be pure and safe to use on any skin type. These products are cruelty-free, alcohol-free and free from any animal fat and other ingredients that are derived from animals such as keratin and collagen.
- Soultree:It is a certified natural skincare company that predominantly offers skincare products that have been obtained from organic farming. Their company products are completely free from lead, dyes, artificial colours and animal fat.
- Bio-Organics & Natural:This makeup company is otherwise known as BON. Their main aim is to provide an alternate natural option to chemical makeup. Their products are made from interesting ingredients such as activated charcoal, shea butter and many more all of which are organically certified. They are natural and handmade products that are 100% vegetarian.
- Plum Goodness:
This cosmetics company has been founded by a chemical engineer who has been famous for their natural kajal. Their products are 100% animal cruelty-free, chemical free and have not been tested on animals as well.
- Nykaa:This is an e-commerce store that has launched their in-house products. This cosmetics brand houses nail paints, kajals, eyeliners, lipsticks and many more that are animal cruelty-free.
- Sugar Cosmetics:If you think Sugar cosmetics are an international brand then think again. This company is a Mumbai based cosmetics brand that is famous among customers for their high-quality cruelty-free products. They offer a complete range of cosmetics ranging from lipsticks to foundations to eyeshadows.
From this blog, I am sure that more people will be eager and willing to try skincare and cosmetics that are made from 100% animal cruelty- free products.